There is NO Insurance Cover for Termite damage – NONE!
Subterranean Termites, wood borers and fungal decay all cause significant damage to residential properties through mainland Australia.
It only requires a gap of 2mm for Timber pests such as termites to be able to get inside your property. Termites enter your home without you knowing it and silently eat the structural timber. We are not only looking for traces of existing infestation, but we are also looking for any conducive conditions within the building that may allow possible infestation in the future.
Environmental factors and other changes can influence the susceptibility of termite attack and put your property at risk.
It takes a particular expert in order to detect any concealed infestation within a dwelling. Our leading Building Inspector is a certified Timber and Pest Inspector- Certificate 3 in asset maintenance – pest management technical. We also use the latest technology Termitrac termite radar and moisture metres to detect infestation.
HOW MANY TERMITE INFESTATIONS HAVE BEEN IN YOUR SUBURB?? Medial Release CSIRO Forestry and Forest Products (CFFP) Scientist, Jim Creffield – TERMITES A MAJOR THREAT TO VICTORIA.
Our Pest and Termite Inspection is conducted in full compliance with Australian Standard 4349.3 and ensures that we inspect the following areas:
- We make sure that all water overflow pipes are kept well away from the exterior walls of the premises.
- We look for and identify any plumbing features that could either release water or are located too close to the outer walls of the property.
- We ensure that no ventilation airflow is blocked as a result of the build-up from garden bed soil and that any drainage is both adequate and located far enough away from these areas.
- We make sure that none of the boundary fences, trees or outbuildings have any indication of existing termite infestation and are kept in a dry and clean condition to prevent possible ingress in the future.
- We will identify any areas of mould that we may see around internal floors and flooring within such rooms as the bathrooms, kitchens and laundries since these can be possible havens for termites and wood borers.
- We check that there are no indications of leaks from water and drainage pipes that could create dampness thus encouraging termite infestation.
- We use our Thermal Imaging Technology to carefully examine all exposed timber for indications of possible hollowness of the timber which is a sure indication that there are termites somewhere within the building.
- In the first instance, we look for any easy identifiable termite activity within the internal roof structure.
- We then check for water leakage from any plumbing in this area since this could create a dampness which would encourage termites to nest in the area.
- In order to make sure that there are is adequate ventilation within the roof void which in turn enables the existence of a dry area, we carefully take moisture readings to support our findings.
- As in all our main Building Inspections, we will identify any waste material that has been left behind by the original builders or subsequent occupants, since this could encourage quite a large infestation of pests and termites.
- We will verify, from our moisture readings, that there is adequate ventilation and that there are no obstructions that could create a reduction in the airflow in the future.
- We make sure that there are no indications of water leakage is from the wet rooms above such as the bathrooms and kitchens as these would give an open invitation for pests and termites to nest in this area.
- As a final check, we ensure that there are no signs of poor drainage and that any weep holes have not or are likely to be blocked by discarded debris or build-up of gardening material around the building.
- Investigate timber pest attack.
- Provide a full written condition report regarding the susceptibility of termite & timber pest infestation at your home or investment property.
- Pay particular attention to identifying nests both live and inactive as well as live and past activity.